Die Foren-SW läuft ohne erkennbare Probleme. Sollte doch etwas nicht funktionieren, bitte gerne hier jederzeit melden und wir kümmern uns zeitnah darum. Danke!

Achtung - nicht auf maximize Window klicken

Hilfe bei Problemen mit der Installation und Benutzung des VMware Player und VMware Workstation Player.

Moderatoren: irix, Dayworker

UNSTERBLICH(R.I.P.)
Achtung - nicht auf maximize Window klicken

Beitragvon continuum » 05.04.2011, 01:57

die bugs im VMplayer werden immer laecherlicher

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/308043?tstart=0

anscheinend muss man bei VMplayer unter Linux vermeiden dass Fenster zu maximieren weil sich dass nicht mehr ohne einen Neustart der VM rueckgaengig machen laesst

O-ton

Hi there! Yeah... I know about this one. It's super annoying and I'm so sorry it's biting you.

Can you tell me what Desktop Environment you're using? Is it KDE or GNOME or XFCE4, etc.?
So, basically, what's happening in our code is that when we see that the user maximized the window, we override that and use that as the trigger to enter fullscreen mode. The problem is that window managers can decide to change the maximized window state on their own, depending on the size of the window, and their mood, etc. Once that happens we're kind of stuck because we get into this loop of exit fullscreen, then see that the window manager resized our window to maximized state again, and then we go back into fullscreen mode again. ARGH!

Anyway, I don't know of an easy solution for this. As painful as it sounds, I think the best route is to shut down the VM and then restart it and make sure you don't click the maximize window button or resize the window to be equal to the size of the workspace area. I know that sucks as a workaround for the time being, but that's all I can think of at the moment. =:(

I've also opened an internal bug (bug #699444 for those playing along at work) and we'll try to get this fixed soon.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting the bug!!

Experte

Beitragvon McStarfighter » 05.04.2011, 18:45

Mal im Ernst, welche Vollidioten programmieren denn da diesen Stuß zusammen?!

King of the Hill

Beitragvon Dayworker » 06.04.2011, 10:57

...höchstwahrscheinlich genau dieselben, die auch die WS7 verbrochen haben. ;)

Experte

Beitragvon McStarfighter » 06.04.2011, 20:28

Aller Voraussicht nach wohl richtig ... :evil:

Zurück zu „VMware Player und VMware Workstation Player“